The Department of Children and Families selected FARR as the credentialing entity for Voluntary Certification of Recovery Residences as set forth under Florida Statute 397.487. FARR is the Florida affiliate of the National Alliance for Recovery Residences (NARR). In both capacities, FARR is responsible for certifying providers on a voluntary basis, and evidencing compliance with nationally recognized quality standards and ethics for the operation of recovery-oriented housing.
Field Assessors are initially trained and continually coached to thoroughly evaluate policies, procedures and protocols submitted by providers for review and approval prior to onsite visits. Once this documentation stage is complete, an onsite visit is conducted wherein the Field Assessor confirms that those policies, procedures and protocols are practiced as described. This objective is facilitated through interviews with provider staff, residents and neighbors. When warranted, Field Assessors may review resident files, provider financial records, drug screening logs, marketing materials, intake documentation, orientation practices and discharge records.
While FARR will take any and all steps that may become necessary to maintain the integrity of our certification, it is vital that candidates for this position appreciate and respect that we are not “Recovery Residence Police.” Candidates who approach the opportunity from that skewed perspective will not be hired. Our primary objective is to encourage, support and consult providers who seek to enhance the quality of recovery oriented housing for the benefit of consumers, families and communities.
- Guide applicants for certification through use of the certification portal
- Assess and evidence compliance/non-compliance to certification standards, ethics, and statute requirements by reviewing required supportive documentation (Applicants provided policies, procedures, and protocols)
- Measure applicant’s internal policies, procedures, and protocols against what is actually being practiced at the applicant’s location by conducting onsite field assessments.
- Provide consultation to providers seeking to achieve certification through the implementation of NARR Quality Standards as promising and best practices
- Conduct onsite audit assessments narrowly focused on specific criteria as identified and assigned by the FARR Compliance Administrator.
- Upon release of the credential by FCB, candidates must achieve credentialing as a Certified Recovery Residence Administrator (CRRA) on or before June 30, 2016.
- The ideal candidate is currently certified by FCB as a Peer Support Specialist (CPSS). While this credential is initially not a requirement for consideration, FARR Field Assessors must achieve this credential on or before April 1, 2017 in order to maintain a position as FARR Field Assessor.
- Must be willing to adhere to Certification Protocols regarding timeframes for response and completion of assignments.
- Must sign and abide by Field Assessor Contract.
- Must sign and abide by all confidentiality and non-disclosure agreements.
- May not own or be employed by any firm or agency that markets products and/or services to Recovery Residence Support Levels I-IV.
- Possess and evidence a valid Florida Driver’s License.
- Provide their own reliable and adequately insured transportation.
- Have unrestricted access to a laptop or desktop computer with high-speed internet.
- Own a web-enabled smart phone and data plan to facilitate access to the cloud-hosted FARR Certification software application.
- Abide by the FARR dress code.
- Evidence basic computer skills
- Agree to and periodically submit for alcohol and illicit drug screenings on-demand.
- May not be under corrections supervision currently.
- Document successful completion and approval of level II background check.
- Complete FARR’s Core Training Webinars (NARR Quality Standards, Code of Ethics & Cultivating a Culture of Recovery Support)
$45.00 per single family location
$45.00 per every two units of multi-family location (capped at $360.00 per location)
$35.00 per location renewal
$25.00 per location under compliance audit protocol